Welcome Guest, please login or register.
Username:
Password:

Get access to FREE book publishing tools, resources, and a growing online community of authors. Publish your book with CreateSpace
Pages: [1]
Topic: I'll Tell You What...  (Read 1103 times)    
Read
November 14, 2011, 01:31:13 AM
Calrootpeg
Friend

What? :dance:

Read
December 08, 2013, 03:53:35 AM
Calrootpeg
Friend

We taint some restaurant fixing em spam for dinner, I'll tell you what.

Read
December 17, 2013, 07:51:37 PM
Calrootpeg
Friend

MR
d u c k s
MR
 not
CM
Wangs
l   i   b
MR
duck

any clue as how this reads?

Read
December 21, 2013, 04:06:11 PM
Calrootpeg
Friend

I'll fight this spam until the end of time.

Read
December 30, 2013, 12:10:21 AM
wordsmagic100
Hero

wordsmagic100

You're my hero.

wordsmagic100

Read
December 30, 2013, 12:12:03 AM
Spellwright
Senior

How so?  Posting spam of your own isn't fighting it in any way, shape or form.

“That's what fiction is for. It's for getting at the truth when the truth isn't sufficient for the truth.”
― Tim O'Brien

Read
December 30, 2013, 12:14:41 AM
wordsmagic100
Hero

wordsmagic100

That might not be spam at all. It might be a philosophical, deep, hard-to-understand meaning to life that is perceived as a jumble of meaningless characters in the form of pixels on your screen. You never know.

wordsmagic100

Read
December 30, 2013, 12:16:18 AM
Spellwright
Senior

I think that this is you trying to find meaning in something because you find someone entertaining and amusing. 

“That's what fiction is for. It's for getting at the truth when the truth isn't sufficient for the truth.”
― Tim O'Brien

Read
December 30, 2013, 12:17:02 AM
wordsmagic100
Hero

wordsmagic100

Exactly. Isn't that a good thing?

wordsmagic100

Read
December 30, 2013, 12:19:03 AM
Spellwright
Senior

No, it's not.  It's coming to the defense of someone who's using "Stop the spam!" as a cover for spamming the forum with a bunch of meaningless posts.  He's just as bad as the people that post advertisements.  The only difference?  He has no real purpose, and his posts aren't as wordy.

― Tim O'Brien

Read
December 30, 2013, 12:20:52 AM
wordsmagic100
Hero

wordsmagic100

I see your point. But also, in a way, this is sort of like a textual protest against the spam. Fighting the power. Sticking it to the man. The spam man.

wordsmagic100

Read
December 30, 2013, 12:25:24 AM
Spellwright
Senior

Except that spammers don't really care about the rest of the forum - that's the whole point of them being spammers.  If this guy really cared about the forum and keeping it free of spam, he would report spam when it showed up, and post meaningful things in meaningful threads.  This is a writing forum.  Yet the people on this site seem to have lost track of that.  The most active threads are games, or these meaningless Lounge topics.  I like having these subforums available - I like being able to talk to you guys about more than just writing.  But that's not the key focus of the forums, at all

― Tim O'Brien

Read
December 30, 2013, 12:28:04 AM
wordsmagic100
Hero

wordsmagic100

They're not all meaningless. They can very well help somebody become inspired to write something. Besides, the games we play are indeed writing-related as they involve creativity and wordplay. It might be more poetry-oriented, but still.

wordsmagic100

Read
January 06, 2014, 02:32:13 AM
Calrootpeg
Friend

The point to the Lounge I thought was an exchange of random topics from games to meaning of user names.  At times, week if not months go by without too much activity, so to ward off these more poignant informational threads, I brought forward  warm to hot threats from times past.  It would seem this offends some, and pleases others, but perhaps by analyzing the threads which are most active, here in the Lounge; blather and games, philosophical pondering, and poetic extremes, etc, ... these are your threads brought forward ...if orange or red.  Apparently these are the best threads to be read.   And yes there are messages with those icons.  Sorry, but ...  for the good of the Lounge.   School is somewhere else.   not worthy

Read
January 06, 2014, 10:54:43 AM
Spellwright
Senior

The problem with this thread at this time is the lack of active users, not the spam or a lack of topics.  Anyone that's truly interested in being an active participant in the threads and discussing any topics - no matter what form they take - is welcome to do so.  I would never raise fault against them.  My issue is with you spamming the forum.  That includes this entirely meaningless thread.

Your time would be better served trying to talk people into becoming active members of the forum.  Not in digging up old graves for you and Wordsmagic to trollop around, in.  What you have been doing is honestly no better than what the other spammers have been doing. 

You are not helping matters.

― Tim O'Brien

Read
January 27, 2014, 11:16:35 PM
Calrootpeg
Friend

Oh I disagree.  The lounge looks much better.  Your welcome.

Read
January 28, 2014, 09:36:04 AM
Spellwright
Senior

Right.  'Cause it has to do with you trying to just push spam to the back (by doing a good amount of spam yourself) and nothing to do with myself and other members that are taking the time out to properly report those spam threads to moderators so that they can be deleted.  You just keep telling yourself that, cowboy.

― Tim O'Brien

Read
July 02, 2014, 02:07:21 PM
Calrootpeg
Friend

I*'ll tell you what... I' :wave:ll keep on doing it... because they are back.

Pages: [1]
Jump To Forum: